Things I have learned from previous travels that will make the experience more enjoyable/easier.
1. Either travel with someone you trust or travel alone.
2. Always read the safety guidelines for where you are going and stick to them.
3. Read the specific visa instructions for where you go and remember them!
4. Packing lightly will mean less stress in the long run.
5. Make sure, when travelling with others, that you all have the same intentions before leaving. You don’t need a solid plan but having a good idea of what you all want to gain is helpful.